Lionel Barber is the editor of the Financial Times, appointed in November 2005. Previously, he was the newspaper’s US managing editor, based in New York, responsible for the US edition.
Joining the FT in 1985, he was the editor of the continental European edition between 2000 and 2002 and from 1998 until 2000 he was the news editor. He has also been the Brussels bureau chief.
- Appointed by: Prime Minister
- Appointment: 31 January 2011
- Reappointed: 31 January 2015
- Term expires: 30 January 2019
- Finance and Operations Committee
- Audit Committee
- Ethics Committee (Chair)