Everything we do, from the programme we present in our galleries and with partners in Britain and around the world, to the books, products and food we sell in our shops and restaurants, supports our mission: to promote public understanding and enjoyment of British, modern and contemporary art.
Vision to 2015
Tate’s 2015 Vision is to be more:
- Open by being receptive to new ideas, encouraging debate, exchange and collaboration within and beyond Tate, and by being more inviting to all people
- Diverse by presenting a range of different views, voices and perspectives across our programme and activities, and being more reflective of the diversity of Britain and the world
- International by connecting the UK to the world, and the world to the UK through Tate’s programmes and collection
- Entrepreneurial by seeking new partnerships, examining new trends and leading and stimulating debate
- Sustainable by being financially sustainable, ensuring that scholarship and research are part of the fabric of our activities, and demonstrating leadership in response to climate change.
That is our vision for the future. Tate’s strategy focuses in developing these principles within these areas of activity: