Tate Members is a charity which supports Tate’s fundamental purpose of increasing understanding and enjoyment of British, modern and contemporary art.
Established in 1958 as Friends of the Tate, the charity has gone on to:
- help Tate acquire over 500 artworks for the collection
- provide substantial support for Tate programmes
- sponsor many major exhibitions
In the last five years alone, Members have contributed over £20 million to Tate.
Tate Members Council
The charity Tate Members is governed by the Tate Members Council: 10–15 elected Members who are both directors of the company and trustees, and who have ultimate responsibility for its management
Applying for Tate Members Council
Any Member (with the exception of second card holders) is welcome to apply to be considered for Council. There is provision for up to three Member-nominated members on Council.
Tate Members Annual General Meeting
Tate celebrated the remarkable difference Members make at the Tate Members Annual General Meeting and reception on Friday 5 December 2014.
Tate Members registered company and charity information
Tate Members registered charity number: 313021
Tate Members is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales.
- Registered number: 600340
- Registered address: Tate, Millbank, London SW1P 4RG
- VAT No: GB-240-2000-43
If you have a query, email email@example.com.
Tate Members accounts
Detailed financial statements for Tate Members:
- Tate Members accounts 2013–14 [PDF, 4.6 Mb]
- Tate Members accounts 2012–13 [PDF, 3.75 Mb]
- Tate Members accounts 2011–12 [PDF, 472 Kb]
- Tate Members accounts 2010–11 [PDF, 454 Kb]
- Tate Members accounts 2009–10 [PDF, 484 Kb]
- Tate Members accounts 2008–9 [PDF, 352 Kb]
- Tate Members accounts 2007–8 [PDF, 43 Kb]
- Tate Members accounts 2006–7 [PDF, 25 Kb]
- Tate Members accounts 2005–6 [PDF, 81 Kb]
- Tate Members accounts 2004–5 [PDF, 74 Kb]