In January 1928 Gill received a commission to carve three stone reliefs of figures of winds for the exterior decoration of the new London Underground Railway Headquarters at 55 Broadway - also St James's Park station. Gill led a team of five other sculptors, Eric Aumonier, A.H. Gerrard, Henry Moore, Samuel Rabinovitch and Allan Wyon, each of whom carved one wind, making a total of eight. There were two winds for each cardinal point, north, south, east and west - and they were carved in situ between November 1928 and February 1929. They are still there today. This model for the north wind is one-quarter the size of the one on the Underground building and appears to have been made for exhibition purposes.