Ian Stephenson b. 1934
T00706 Parachrome 1964
Canvas, 84 x 84 (213.5 x 213.5).
Purchased from the artist through the New Art Centre (Grant-in-Aid) 1964.
Exh: New Art Centre, November–December 1964 (19, repr. on cover in colour).
Repr: Studio, CLXVIII, 1964, p. 275 (in colour).
Painted in the autumn of 1964, a ‘further extension and enlargement in the giusti series [see Tate Gallery T00523: “giusti”, so called after its maker’s name, is an anatomical model], based on a non-chromatic écorché figure, especially part of the extreme limb’ (letter from the artist, 16 January 1965).
Published in The Tate Gallery Report 1964–1965, London 1966.