Turner Bequest CCLXIII 390
Watermark ‘J Wh | Turk | 18’
Blind-stamped with Turner Bequest monogram below right of centre
Inscribed in pencil ‘CCLXIII 390’ bottom right along original torn edge
Stamped in black ‘CCLXIII – 390’ bottom right along original torn edge
A large section, 56 x 80 mm, missing from the bottom right-hand corner of the sheet,1 has been made good with similar paper.
How to cite
Matthew Imms, ‘St Michael’s Mount from near Marazion c.1828 by Joseph Mallord William Turner’, catalogue entry, March 2013, in David Blayney Brown (ed.), J.M.W. Turner: Sketchbooks, Drawings and Watercolours, Tate Research Publication, December 2013, https://www