This double issue includes contributions from Nancy Spero, Julian Schnabel, John Latham, Andy Warhol, Rasheed Araeen, Donald Judd And Mona Hatoum
1 of 2
- 00:00:02: Nancy Spero talking to Skye Holland on the occasion of her exhibition at the Institute of Contemporary Arts, March 1987.
- 00:29:06: Kevin Atherton discusses two of his public art works on site at Brixton British Rail station and in the Forest of Dean, August and September 1986 respectively.
Audio Arts: Volume 8 Nos 2 and 3, Side A – Nancy Spero, Kevin Atherton Listen
- 00:00:02: Julian Schnabel is interviewed at Browns Hotel on the day after the opening of his exhibition at the Whitechapel Art Gallery, September 1986.
- 00:29:35: Bruce Mclean provides a ‘guide’ to his exhibition, The Floor, The Wall, The Fireplace at the Anthony d’Offay Gallery, 1987.
Audio Arts: Volume 8 Nos 2 and 3, Side B – Julian Schnabel, Bruce McLean Listen
- 00:00:02: John Latham talks about his recent exhibition at the Lisson Gallery as well as the wider issues that have concerned him over the past ten years, April 1987.
- 00:29:47: Andy Warhol died unexpectedly in February 1987. In July 1986 he visited London for his exhibition of large self portraits at the Anthony d’Offay Gallery. At the press preview the media turned out in full to photograph him, to ask questions and to conduct interviews. This interview was made on that occasion.
Audio Arts: Volume 8 Nos 2 and 3, Side C – John Latham, Andy Warhol listen
- 00:00:02: Rasheed Araeen comments on his works included in the exhibition Two Worlds as well as examining the issues that it raised, The Whitechapel Art Gallery, September 1986.
- 00:09:53: Donald Judd discusses his works on exhibition at the Waddington Gallery, March 1986.
- 00:24:20: Mona Hatoum talking at the Air Gallery about her installation Hidden From Prying Eyes. This was included in At The Edge, an Installation, Performance and Film event held in the Gallery, April 1987.
- 00:34:23: Sound On Sound. New & Archival records & tapes. Nigel Rolfe, The Curtain of Life engineer Pearse Dunne, Asst. John Grimes, 1986.
- 00:37:34: Sound On Sound. New & Archival records & tapes. Guillaume Apollinaire Le Pont Mirabeau. Phonotheque Nationale, 1912.
Audio Arts: Volume 8 Nos 2 and 3, Side D – Rasheed Araeen, Donald Judd And Mona Hatoum Listen