This multimedia app, availble from the iTunes App Store, has been produced to accompany the 2012 Damien Hirst exhibition at Tate Modern. Designed as a guide to the exhibition, the app covers Hirst’s career from some of his earliest works to the present day, over which time he has become one of the most influential artists of his generation.
The app features:
- A Spot Painting-inspired menu allowing you to explore the major themes in Hirst’s work
- Damien Hirst discussing what inspires and intrigues him
- Exhibition curator Ann Gallagher on working closely with the artist
- Commentaries on some of Hirst’s most iconic sculptures
- Videos exploring central concerns in Hirst’s works, including religion, science, death, shock and humour
- Behind the scenes insights into how some of Hirst’s works are made
- Virtual galleries of key works with high-resolution images and a zoom function
- A ‘follow us’ tab with links to Tate’s Twitter, Facebook and the Tate Hirst exhibition website
Download this app and use it as a multimedia guide in the exhibition galleries and then keep it afterwards as a memento. If you are unable to visit the exhibition, use it as a reference of Hirst’s work that you can explore again and again.