Explore the art and life of William Blake, one of Britain’s most radical artists, through the places in which he lived and worked, and through the art, music and words of those he inspired
William Blake was an artist, poet, radical thinker and visionary, working at a time of great social and political change. He was born in Soho and spent most of his life in London, where the city and its people inspired his fantastic, and at times nightmarish, visions.
This free app guides you on a tour of William Blake’s London. Visit the places where he lived and created his extraordinary works, see the church where he was married, and visit his grave. When you visit each location, new content will be unlocked within the app, including images of artworks, music, video and readings of Blake’s poetry.
The app features:
- A map of locations in London related to William Blake’s life. Visit these locations to unlock new content within the app
- Detailed information about Blake’s life and work
- Images of artworks Blake created throughout his lifetime as well as works by other artists who have been influenced by Blake
- Music inspired by Blake, including tracks by Billy Bragg, Beth Orton, John Tavener and Kate Tempest
- Video of curators, writers and artists talking about the importance of Blake’s work, including Alan Moore and Maurice Sendak
William Blake’s London is available free from the Apple App store.