This weekend (10 & 11 April 2010) we’re inviting you to come clean and declare your secret Tate stories for our film to mark 10 years of Tate Modern. You’ll be able to share your personal anecdotes in a private confession box on the Level 2 bridge over the Turbine Hall. Whether you’ve had a creative epiphany in the Turbine Hall, have seen every Unilever Series commission, met the love of your life by Mark Rothko’s: The Seagram Murals or just love coming to Tate Modern for the view of the city, this is your chance to share your story! The best confessions will be included in a film which will be screened at Tate Modern during the anniversary weekend. If you can’t get to Tate Modern this weekend, you can leave your confession here in the comments - though it’s not quite so private! Here are some starter questions to get you thinking.
- Were you there on Tate Modern’s opening day? We’d love to hear from the first people through the doors on the 12th May 2000.
- Did you join the Flash Mob that took over the Turbine Hall in 2007? Were you there - as part of the mob or a innocent bystander? If you’ve got video of this (or any other interesting events at Tate Modern), you can upload it to Youtube tagged tate modern 10 and we’ll add it to our playlist.
- Did you stay up all night to see Matisse Picasso in August 2002? Tell us what it was like to be there in the wee small hours.
- Were you at Andy Warhol’s overnight Sleep screening over the 2007 Long Weekend?
- Did you come to Pop Life in 2009 and buy something from Keith Haring’s Pop Shop? Did you meet Gilbert & George at their Major Exhibition in 2007? Tell us your reaction to these exhibitions, or your favourite show from the last ten years.
- Have you had an epiphany in the Rothko room? Share your emotional and spiritual experiences of the Seagram Murals or any other works that you love spending time with.
- Did you lose something in Doris Salcedo’s Shibboleth? We’re collecting together all your stories and memories of things the crack might have swallowed up.
- Do you know some one who shares Tate Modern’s birthday? We’d love to hear from someone also celebrating their 10th birthday on 12 May 2010.
- Have you met one of your heroes at Tate Modern? Artists, musicians, writers, curators, actors, politicians - we’d like to hear who you’ve been rubbing shoulders with in the displays.
The booth will be at: Tate Modern, Bankside SE1 Level 2 bridge over the Turbine Hall 10 & 11 April 2010 10.00am - 18.00pm