The collection is at the heart of Tate. It is shared with visitors to our galleries through the programmes and activities it inspires, and our touring exhibitions make it available to wider audiences around the world. It is our responsibility to look after it on behalf of the public and future generations

  • Girl looking at Ophelia

Each year the gallery receives approximately 40 per cent of its running costs from the Government, meaning that Tate is responsible for generating the remaining 60 per cent of income from enterprise activities, corporate, public and private funding and philanthropic support from individuals.

Every gift, no matter the size, can make a real difference to the future of all four galleries. We rely on the continued generosity of our supporters to ensure future visitors will be able to enjoy the National Collection for many years to come.

Each and every gift we receive is important to us, as is each and every donor and their individual relationship with Tate.

The support of so many generous individuals plays a fundamental part in ensuring generations of visitors will be able to enjoy the National Collection and help to secure the gallery’s future.

Tate, as we know it, has been shaped by the generosity of individuals from Henry Tate to the present. Please remember Tate in your will so that future generations can share your own enthusiasm for the visual arts in a gallery that continues to inspire and delight its visitors.
Sir Nicholas Serota, Director, Tate

Find out more

To request an information pack, containing more information about the different ways to leave a legacy, or to speak with Tate’s legacy manager, please contact Sarah den Dikken:

Sarah den Dikken
Development Manager, Legacies
Millbank, London, SW1P 4RG
Emaillegacy.enquiries@tate.org.uk
Call +44(0) 20 7887 8637
Fax +44(0) 20 7887 8098