- Do Members need to book exhibition tickets?
- Do Members need to book tickets for Tate events / talks / discussions?
- How do I log in?
- Can I arrange for a gift membership to be sent to me, the donor?
- How many guests can I take into the Members Rooms?
- Can I lend my membership card to someone else?
- How many children can I take into exhibitions and Members Rooms
- What are the benefits of Extra Card membership?
- How many private views can I attend and is there a choice of dates?
- Do I need to RSVP for private views?
- Ive lost my membership card. What should I do?
- How do I renew my membership?
- How do I renew my gift membership?
- Can I join, buy a gift membership or renew a membership online by Direct Debit if I have a joint account?
No, Tate Members can visit all Tate exhibitions for free. Theres no need to arrange tickets in advance, simply show your membership card at the exhibition entrance for free entry.
Yes, unless otherwise stated.
Youll need to register an email address if you wish to book online. Log in and enter your email address
You will need your membership number (on the reverse of your card) or email address you registered with us. You will also need a Tate Members password.
Your password will be:
a) The one you created (if you joined online or booked tickets online)
b) The default, which is your membership number (on the reverse of your card) and the first four characters of your postcode
- The password for Ms Smith with membership number 12345678 and postcode AB1C 2DE is: 12345678AB1C
- The password for Mr Jones with membership number 12345678 and postcode AB1 2CD is: 12345678AB12
- The password for Mrs Williams with membership number 12345678 and postcode A1 2CD is: 12345678A12C
None of the passwords are case sensitive.
If you haven’t registered an email address, you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’ve forgotten your password email email@example.com for instructions on how to change it.
Christmas gift memberships
If you’re purchasing a gift membership for Christmas, you have two delivery options: to deliver the gift to you (the donor) or deliver to the recipient. Simply tick the box titled ‘This is a Christmas gift’ and select one of the delivery options on the online booking form.
Regular gift memberships
Because of the way our system is set up, regular gift memberships purchased online are sent straight to the recipient. Exceptions are sometimes possible for gifts purchased over the phone, so do ask – call +44 (0)20 7887 8888 (09.45–18.00, daily).
Alternatively, buy gift memberships from the Members desk in any Tate gallery and you can take the gift pack away with you on the spot.
You can take in as many guests as your membership type allows: Member admits one person, plus Guest admits two people and plus Guest plus Extra Card admits four.
Members provide vital financial support to Tate so please dont lend your card to non-Members.
If you need the flexibility of a spare card, you can upgrade to Plus Extra Card membership and get two membership cards, each admitting two people.
Or, if you know someone who would enjoy the benefits of membership, you can give a gift membership.
Members can take up to six family children free into exhibitions and Members Rooms.
Extra card membership is ideal for families – receive two cards, each admitting two adults and up to six family children to exhibitions and Members Rooms.
The second cardholder can visit Tate independently but youll need to share your issues of Tate Etc. magazine, listings guides and e-bulletins – plus online login details if the second cardholder wishes to book tickets for talks and discussions online.
Please note: second cardholders are not permitted to vote at the Tate Members Annual General Meeting.
If you have ‘London private view’ membership, you can attend previews or evening viewings of six major exhibitions at Tate Modern and Tate Britain each year.
Your invitations will arrive three weeks before the exhibition opens.
There’s no need to RSVP to private view events – simply bring your invitation and membership card on the date that suits.
No, simply bring your invitation and membership card on a date that suits.
Drop by a Membership desk in any Tate gallery and a new card will be issued on the spot, at no extra charge.
Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)20 7887 8888 (09.45–18.00 daily).
Your old card will be cancelled to protect against misuse.
There are several ways to renew your membership: online, by phone, by post or in the gallery. If you pay by Direct Debit, your membership will renew automatically)
Simply log in to your account and click on the ‘Renew’ button.
- If your membership has expired within the last three months you can still renew online.
- If you’ve forgotten your password you can request a new one to be sent to you.
Alternatively, you can download the Tate Members renewal form [PDF, 511 KB] and return it to the Freepost address.
Call +44 (0)20 7887 8888 (09.45-18.00 daily).
Download the Tate Members renewal form [PDF, 511 KB] and return it to the Freepost address.
In the gallery
Renew immediately at any Members desk at Tate Modern, Tate Britain or Tate St Ives, or at the Information desk at Tate Liverpool.
Unfortunately it’s not currently possible to renew gift memberships online. Either:
- Download the Tate Members renewal form [PDF, 511 KB] and return it to the Freepost address, or
- call +44 (0)20 7887 8888 (09.45 - 18.00 daily).
Can I join, buy a gift membership or renew a membership online by Direct Debit if I have a joint account?
Unfortunately, no (for security reasons).
Joint account holders can download the relevant form below, print it off, add both signatures and return it by Freepost.
- Join form [PDF, 483 KB]
- Renewal form [PDF, 511KB]
- Gift membership form [PDF, 486 KB]
- Gift Renewal form [PDF, 472 KB]
If you have any problems call +44 (0)20 7887 8888 (09.45–18.00 daily).