Free drop-in events, family festivals and activities for children and families take place at all Tate galleries and online
Visiting one of our galleries
Get tips and advice for visiting Tate with children:
- Tips for families visiting Tate Britain
- Tips for families visiting Tate Modern
- Tips for families visiting Tate Liverpool
- Tips for families visiting Tate St Ives
What’s on for families and early years
Events and activities for families at Tate
From regular daily and weekend activities to special events in the school holidays, find out what’s on for families at each of our galleries
- What’s on for families at Tate Britain
- What’s on for families at Tate Modern
- What’s on for families at Tate Liverpool
- What’s on for families at Tate St Ives
Early Years programme
We work with Early Years education providers and family groups to support children aged 5 years and under to enjoy art in the gallery and engage in creative practices. Find out more about early years programmes of activity for each gallery.
Online resources for families
The world’s best online art destination for 5-12s, Tate Kids is an online space to play art games, write stories, and upload and share their art with other children around the globe.
Use our free online notes and resources to help you and your child discover more about artworks and artists in the Tate collection, or to help with homework!
Learning at Tate
Find out more about Tate’s strategy for family learning.