- Venue: Tate Liverpool
- Audience: Ages 7–25
About the Arts Award
Arts Award is a national qualification which assists young people to develop as artists and arts leaders. Arts Award aims to support young people aged 7–25 to enjoy the arts, develop creative and leadership skills, and achieve a national qualification.
As an Arts Award welcome centre, Tate Liverpool can help you achieve your Arts Award qualification. From Deliver to Explore through to the Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards, we have a range of special programmes that will help you successfully complete the Arts Award programme.
To help you achieve your Arts Award qualification, Tate Liverpool can offer you the following:
- Entry to displays of the Tate collection (which is free)
- Entry to our ever changing special exhibitions (at a discounted rate)
- Artist led workshops delivered in the gallery that can support appreciation of visual arts by facilitating engagement with artworks and the development, articulation and sharing of young people’s own ideas about it.
- Outreach artist led workshops that can deliver support for gallery visits, an introduction to an exhibition or the development of practical skills following a visit.
- Tate studio extended school programme. A bespoke, six week after school programme that introduces young people to a range of art-forms through a taster programme and supports the development of their own leadership and programming skills.
- Teachers events and courses
- Opportunities through Young Tate youth programme for individual young people to fulfil the leadership criteria of the silver award.
For more information about these Arts Awards opportunities please contact Deborah Riding, Programme Manager: Children and Young People at email@example.com or call +44(0)152 702 7451.