Travelling to Tate Modern
Arriving at Tate Modern
School groups enter Tate Modern via the Main entrance on Holland Street, via the ramp at the west end of the building. Group leaders are asked to leave their group in the Turbine Hall and report to the schools reception desk, located in the Clore Welcome Room at the Clore Learning Centre on level 0.
Here you can sign in, collect resources and locker keys for the cloakroom (if booked), and receive your Visiting Teacher badge. Once registered you can make your way to the galleries with your group. If you have booked a Tate-led session your artist will meet you here.
Facilities at Tate Modern
Cloakroom and packed-lunch room
A packed-lunch room and cloakroom are available for use during your visit in the Clore Learning Centre on level 0. Please book these in advance.
The main shop at Tate Modern is on level 0. To avoid congestion, please ensure that pupils visit in small, staggered groups and are supervised at all times. Please be aware that the shop sells challenging material within its book sections which may not be suitable for children.
An educational discount of 10% is available on all library and school orders for those with an account. To open an account, please call +44 (0)20 7887 8896.
Conduct in the galleries
- If you wish to lecture to your school group during your visit, please let us know when you book. On your arrival you will be able to collect a lecturing sticker.
- Be aware of school talks, workshops and guided tours taking place in the galleries. Tate speakers have precedence over outside lecturers.
- Do not lecture in rooms where talks are already in progress. The first group takes precedence and you may return around 15 minutes later.
- All groups are asked to remain no longer than 15 minutes in front of any artwork and be prepared to move on if asked by Tate staff.
- It is best to be flexible in your route, due to other talks taking place.
Please also be aware of our gallery rules.