Travelling to Tate St Ives and Barbara Hepworth Museum
Please note: parking is very limited in St Ives. Call St Ives Tourist Information on +44 (0)1736 796297 for details of a shuttle-bus service from the coach/car parks.
Arriving at Tate St Ives and Barbara Hepworth Museum
Please arrive at the time you are booked in. If you are late leaving or delayed, please call + 44 (0)1736 796226.
Late arrivals may result in alterations to your booked itinerary. If a group arrives more than 30 minutes after their designated slot, any booked activities may be cancelled.
Group leaders are asked to leave their group in the Loggia area and register at the information desk to collect their group leader ID badge. Please ensure you have your booking reference number when you register.
Please note that there is very limited space outside the Barbara Hepworth Museum and Sculpture Garden in which to congregate.
Cloakroom and packed lunch facilities
There is a free unstaffed cloakroom at Tate St Ives. Please do not bring large bags to the gallery due to restricted cloakroom space. All structured groups will be asked to leave their bags in the cloakroom. There are no cloakroom facilities at the Hepworth Museum.
There are no facilities inside Tate St Ives or the Barbara Hepworth Museum and Sculpture Garden in which to eat packed lunches. At Tate St Ives, groups are welcome to use the outside undercover Loggia space for eating and drinking. There is also a café at Tate St Ives.
Education spaces at Tate St Ives
There are two education spaces at Tate St Ives:
- St Ives Studio : a quiet space in which to access Tate’s teaching and learning resources, the online Tate collection and library and archive catalogues, and browse a range of art books and other publications to support your own research.
- Foyle Studio: available for pre-booked group activities.
To avoid congestion in the shop, please ensure that pupils visit in small, staggered groups and are supervised at all times.
An educational discount of 10% is available on all library and school orders for those with an account. To open an account, please call +44 (0)20 7887 8896.
Conduct in the gallery, museum and garden
- Group leaders should clearly display their admission sticker at all times.
- Please be aware of school talks, workshops and guided tours taking place in the gallery. Tate speakers have precedence over outside lecturers.
- Do not lecture in rooms where talks are already in progress. The first group takes precedence and you may return around 20 minutes later.
- All groups are asked to remain no longer than 20minutes in front of any artwork and be prepared to move on if asked by Tate staff
- It is best to be flexible in your route, due to other talks taking place.
Visitors are welcome to use the following materials with appropriate supervision levels for young people:
- Graphite pencils
- Coloured pencils
- Ballpoint pens
- Enclosed / barrelled pencil sharpeners
Erasers are not permitted at either site
Please also be aware of our gallery rules.