Watch audio-visual highlights from the Tate Archive below.
1 of 7
Tate Archives collection of audio-visual material includes:
- recordings of the lectures and conferences held in Tate’s auditoria
- oral history recordings of artists, particularly those relating to the British Library’s Artists Lives project (to which Tate provides curatorial support)
- films and videos donated by the artist being filmed or the films director or producer, which sometimes include offcuts not used in the final edited version.
Audio-visual items from the collection can be viewed using equipment in the Hyman Kreitman Reading Rooms.
- Search for audio-visual material held in the Archive using the online Library catalogue.
- Published documentary art tapes and videos are held by the Library.
- Many more artist films are available in the context and comment section.