Tate publications contain information, often richly illustrated, about the institution, its history, buildings, activities and collection. Notably:
- Documentation of, and guides to, the collection since 1897
- Catalogues for Tate exhibitions from 1911 to the present
- Books from Tate Publishing
- Annual and biennial reports
- Catalogues of acquisitions
- Histories of the gallery
Access Tate publications
Reference copies of various Tate publications in the Tate Library collection are easily accessible in the Hyman Kreitman Reading Rooms. Unique items are held in the Library’s Special Collections.
The Library operates an exchange programme with selected museum and gallery partners worldwide.