Tate Britain welcomes group visitors.
- Visit as a group for free, or book a private tour
- Discounts are available on special exhibitions for groups of 10 or more.
- Tour guides can book group guiding equipment
Book a group visit
- Self-led group visits to Tate Britain are free
- Groups of 10 or more must book their visit in advance
To book, please call +44 (0)20 7887 8888 or email email@example.com
The maximum group size for self-led visits is 60 people. If you are coming in a large group, please divide into smaller groups of 20 during your visit.
Private tours for groups
A private tour is an excellent way to make the most of your visit to Tate Britain. Find out more about group tours and packages.
- Discounts on special exhibitions are available for groups of 10 or more people
- Tickets are available Monday–Friday, and must be booked and paid for at least two weeks in advance
- For more information and to book please call +44 (0)20 7887 8888
Lecturing to your own group
If you wish to lecture to your group, please let us know when you make your booking. The maximum group size for lectures is 20 people.
Group guiding equipment
Professional group guiding equipment is available for hire. The Antenna International system provides:
- a microphone for your guide, and
- an earpiece for each member of your group, so they can hear the lecture more clearly without disturbing other visitors in the gallery.
The cost is just £1.50 per person.
To book group guiding equipment, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshops for local community groups
Free introductory workshops for community groups visiting Tate Britain.