Art into Life
- Day: Tuesday or Wednesday (we offer a session one day per month at Tate Britain, please contact our booking team for exact dates and availability)
- Time: starting from 10.15, latest starting time 12.00
- Venue: Tate Britain
- Price: free
- Group sizes: minimum group size 5; maximum group size 15
This includes any staff members/carers/volunteers who will be attending. The group must have a leader/staff member accompanying them.
About the workshop
Discover Tate Britain’s diverse collection of contemporary and historical art through a free informal introductory gallery workshop led by one of our artist educators. These workshops offer a unique opportunity to explore the Tate’s collection, uncover artist’s ideas and processes, and find your own inspiration.
Our programme is not only suitable for adult community groups new to gallery going, but also to groups from a wide range of backgrounds. Our regular group visitors include: access groups in further education, elders organisations, mental health service user groups and community centres.
Our staff also have extensive experience of working with adults with learning difficulties.
Art into Life is an entry point into critically engaging with art and with Tate’s collection. Each session is tailor-made to suit all interests and abilities and might involve looking, talking, simple practical activities and the use of handling objects.
If you are interested in booking an Art into Life please contact our booking team on (+) 44 20 7887 8888, select a date and choose Tate Modern or Tate Britain.
Once confirmed one of our artist educators will be in touch a week or so before the session to get a better understanding of the needs of the group.
- To book a workshop call +44 (0)20 7887 8888 at least 2 weeks in advance of your visit
- For further information call +44 (0)20 7401 5068