Tate café, recently named Best Family Restaurant in the Time Out Eating & Drinking Awards, is located on level 1 of Tate Modern, overlooking the riverside. It has a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Everything on the menu is based on seasonal, fresh ingredients. Our home-made smoothies, leaf teas and coffee, sourced, blended and roasted by Tate are always available.
- Breakfast menu [PDF, 60 Kb]
- All-day menu [PDF, 216 Kb]
- Tate’s award-winning wine list
- Bar menu [PDF, 204 Kb] Friday evening menu available from 18.00
Kids eat for free at Tate
Kids can eat for free* in the café when an accompanying adult buys a main course from the menu.
*Valid at lunchtimes only for children aged 12 or under, for one child eating with an accompanying adult in either the café or the restaurant on level 6. Subject to availability.
Starting from 1 July 2012
- Mondays to Thursdays 10.00–18.00 (last orders 17.30)
- Fridays 10.00–21.00 (last orders 20.30)
- Saturdays 09.00–19.00 (last orders 18.30)
- Sundays 09.00–18.00 (last orders 17.30)
Corporate and private events
Tate Café can be hired for corporate and private events.
Located on level 3 with two riverside balconies, the espresso bar serves drinks, sandwiches and snacks.
- Mondays to Thursdays 10.00–17.30 (Gallery closes at 18.00)
- Friday and Saturday 10.00–21.30 (Gallery closes at 22.00)
- Sundays 10.00–17.30 (Gallery closes at 20.00)
Food and drink outdoors
There are two kiosks at the Main entrance and River entrance to Tate Modern, offering a variety of drinks, sandwiches and salads, and hot and cold snacks.
Call +44 (0)20 7887 8888