London SE1 9TG
To find your quickest route to Tate Modern (The Tube, Metro), use Transport for London’s Journey planner.
The nearest London Underground stations to Tate Modern are:
- Southwark (Jubilee Line, 600 metres approx.)
- Blackfriars (District and Circle Line, 800 metres approx.) has now been reopened
- St Pauls (Central Line, 1,100 metres approx.)
The following buses stop near Tate Modern:
- Routes 45, 63 and 100 stop on Blackfriars Bridge Road
- Routes RV1 and 381 stop on Southwark Street
- Route 344 stops on Southwark Bridge Road
The nearest mainline train stations to Tate Modern are:
- Blackfriars (800 metres approx.)
- London Bridge (1,100 metres approx.)
Tate to Tate by boat
Plan to visit both London Tate galleries? The Tate Boat runs every forty minutes along the Thames between Tate Britain and Tate Modern. Other river services run between Millbank Pier and Bankside Pier.
The nearest Barclays Cycle Hire docking stations are located on New Globe Street and Southwark Street.
By taxi or Dial-a-Ride
A drop off / pick up point is situated on Holland Street, just outside the main entrance.
There are no parking facilities at Tate Modern or in the surrounding streets. Public transport is the easiest way of getting to the gallery.
A drop off / pick up point is situated on Southwark Street, a short walk from the main entrance.
Call +44 (0)20 7887 8888