Tate Modern Multimedia Guide
Pick up our Bafta-winning multimedia guide and get a unique insight to the art on display at Tate Modern. A great introduction to modern and contemporary art, with artist interviews, interactive games and art-inspired music.
Whats in the guide?
The guide covers all the collection displays at Tate Modern and includes content on more than 50 artworks.
Carrying a small hand-held computer through the galleries, you can:
- watch videos of the artists at work
- hear what major artists have to say about their own work
- listen to the music that inspired them
- listen to commentaries from leading cultural critics, musicians and writers
- play interactive games.
There is also a family guide especially for young people (in English only).
Take the Tate Modern Multimedia Guide
Hire the Tate Modern Multimedia Guide from the Information desks at level 1 or level 2 of the gallery, for the duration of your visit.
- 10.00–17.00, Sunday – Thursday
- 10.00–21.00, Friday and Saturday
- £4 (£3.50 concessions)
- In English, Deutsch, Español, Français, Italiano and British Sign Language (BSL)
- You will be asked to leave a piece of identification
If you are visiting as a group and would like to use the multimedia guides, please let us know when you book your visit.
The handheld computer plays video clips of interpreters signing a tour of highlights of the displays, as well as presenting visual interactive content such as games and opinion polls.
The tour provides on-demand interpretation for deaf and hearing impaired visitors in their preferred language.
Audioguides and multimedia guides for exhibitions
Audioguides and multimedia guides are available for special exhibitions.