- Karla Black – nominated
- Martin Boyce – winner
- Hilary Lloyd – nominated
- George Shaw – nominated
- Chair: Penelope Curtis, Director Tate Britain
- Katrina Brown, Director, The Common Guild, Glasgow
- Vasif Kortun, SALT, Istanbul
- Nadia Schneider, Freelance Curator
- Godfrey Worsdale, Director, BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art
Turner Prize 2011 in quotes
Even if people don’t care about art, they still know it’s art, he says. I think the Turner Prize has been part of that process that has allowed people, whether they like it or are interested in art… they know it’s art, and that’s a big step.
Martin Boyce speaking to the BBC
His installations riff on modernist design, which sounds dry, but Boyce manages to produce distinctly poetic environments from a range of carefully crafted materials
Ben Luke, Evening Standard, 6 December 2011
This years Turner Prize has been awarded to Martin Boyce, whose recreation of a park scene included a wonky bin as its centrepiece.
Eleanor Harding, The Daily Mail, 6 December 2011