- Karla Black – nominated
- Martin Boyce – winner
- Hilary Lloyd – nominated
- George Shaw – nominated
- Chair: Penelope Curtis, Director Tate Britain
- Katrina Brown, Director, The Common Guild, Glasgow
- Vasif Kortun, SALT, Istanbul
- Nadia Schneider, Freelance Curator
- Godfrey Worsdale, Director, BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art
Turner Prize 2011 in quotes
Even if people don’t care about art, they still know it’s art,” he says. “I think the Turner Prize has been part of that process that has allowed people, whether they like it or are interested in art… they know it’s art, and that’s a big step.
Martin Boyce speaking to the BBC
His installations riff on modernist design, which sounds dry, but Boyce manages to produce distinctly poetic environments from a range of carefully crafted materials
Ben Luke, Evening Standard, 6 December 2011
This year’s Turner Prize has been awarded to Martin Boyce, whose recreation of a park scene included a wonky bin as its centrepiece.
Eleanor Harding, The Daily Mail, 6 December 2011