The Turner Prize 2013 was awarded to Laure Prouvost.
This year the Turner Prize was presented in Northern Ireland for the first time in its history. The exhibition, at Ebrington in Derry~Londonderry, is part of the UK City of Culture 2013.
- Laure Prouvost – winner
- Tino Sehgal – nominated
- David Shrigley – nominated
- Lynette Yiadom-Boakye – nominated
- Annie Fletcher, Head of Exhibitions, Van Abbemuseum, Eindhoven
- Susanne Gaensheimer, Director of Frankfurt’s Museum of Modern Art
- Declan Long, writer and lecturer at National College of Art and Design, Dublin
- Ralph Rugoff, Director of Hayward Gallery, London
- The jury is chaired by Penelope Curtis, Director of Tate Britain
Turner Prize 2013 in quotes
Laure Prouvost being given the award shows that the Turner Prize still has the capacity to be unpredictable.
Will Gompertz, BBC Arts editor
We had a good discussion about all four artists. They were all discussed seriously but in the end the one that really endured was Laure Prouvost. She offered a lot on many different levels. It was something that was both very intimate and also quite outward facing.
Penelope Curtis, Tate Britain Director
The 29th Turner prize is the best yet… When I say the best, I mean: the most important, the most telling, the most meaningful.
Waldemar Januszczak, The Sunday Times, October 28, 2013