Works in Tate’s collection
Tate Etc. articles
- The Final Visitor ;by Steven Sherrill, Tate Etc. Issue 7, Summer 2006
- The Edge of England by Lavinia Greenlaw, Tate Etc. Issue 7, Summer 2006
Past exhibitions at Tate
- A Picture of Britain 15 June – 4 September 2005
- Constable to Delacroix British Art and the French Romantics 5 February – 11 May 2003
For more details on Constables painting technique see:
- S. Cove, Constables Oil Painting Materials and Techniques, in: Leslie Parris and Ian Fleming-Williams (eds.), Constable, exhibition catalogue, Tate Gallery 1991
- S. Cove, The Painting Techniques of Constables Six-Footers, in Lyles (ed) Constable: The Great Landscapes, exhibition catalogue, Tate, London 2006.
- For details on the technical study of Beaching a Boat, Brighton see the entry by Rica Jones in Hackney, Jones, Townsend (eds.) Paint and Purpose: A study of technique in British art, Tate, 1999.