Tate Liverpool is 25! Join us as we celebrate with a late night event featuring music, performance, activities and party games inspired by the last 25 years, from the gallery’s first exhibition Mark Rothko: The Seagram Mural Project to this year’s Glam! The Performance of Style.
- Performances by A Sense of Sound interpreting 25 years of Tate Liverpool.
- A glam inspired drama performance by Company of Friends.
- A DJ providing a soundtrack of the last three decades.
- Silver pamper and preening from the So Coco Rouge team.
- A 1970s glam quiz and traditional party games.
- Themed cocktails and food offers in the café.
- From 13:00-19:00 create Silvery Sculptures in a family workshop with artist Fiona Smith, located in the Art Dock on the first floor.
In addition, visit the Wolfson Gallery for our free display Tate Liverpool is 25 showcasing the last 25 years at Tate Liverpool. See our timeline of the gallery’s history, try our hands-on activities, and view birthday wishes from both artists and visitors. On view from 17 – 26 May 2013
This event is presented by In the Frame, a group of adults with learning disabilities who regularly meet at Tate to plan and deliver activities and events. It is In the Frame’s response to Tate Liverpool is 25 and Glam! The Performance of Style and is a part of the Light Night programme of events.