Early Years Open Studio is a programme of supported gallery and studio sessions for Nursery, Children’s Centres, Primary School Reception classes and any other education group for children in the early years age range.
Open Studio is developed from early years education philosophies that support the child’s personal and individual creative learning journey through open-ended and experiential activities.
Educators are required to lead their groups Open Studio session, in order to support you and your visit we provide:
- An Open Studio Assistant who will be present during your visit.
- Pre-visit information on the schedule and theme of your session.
- A list of art works you will be invited to visit and suggested questions to use with your group to encourage exploration of the art works and current theme.
- The participatory Open Studio installation. This is a changing installation, linked to different themes and art works throughout the galleries.
Our aim is to provide you with the ideas, resources and support to confidently lead your group on your visit to Tate.
Early Years Open Studio is currently open to groups in the London boroughs of Southwark, Tower Hamlets and Lambeth.
Open Studio is designed as a programme of sessions to be integrated into the learning that takes place in your setting, rather than a one-off visit. To register on the Open Studio programme you must therefore commit to bringing your group to three sessions over the academic year.
How to book
Email email@example.com with the following information:
- Lead contact name
- Phone number
- Number of children in group
- Number of adults in group
- The dates and am/pm choices for your first, second and third sessions.
Once your booking is confirmed we will request more detailed data about your group for our reporting requirements, this will remain confidential.
This programme also takes place at Tate Britain.