Join SLaM Arts for a two-day combined programme of workshops, discussion, exhibitions and a collaborative installation.
Experience, and explore arts therapies:
- Join SLaM Arts Therapists and get a taste of how art, music, drama and dance are used in arts therapies.
- Find out more about working with images, music and performance to explore and express ideas and feelings and relationships.
Collaborate in creative workshops, talks and exhibition led by artists with lived experience and mental health professionals:
- Join SLaM AdArt building a large collaborative river reflecting individual and shared recovery.
- Get creative with SHARP gallery. Join workshops creating a Tree of Life.
- Make ceramics with Bethlem Handmade Enterprise and promote recovery by building vocational skills.
- Join PsychART celebrating creativity in medicine.
- Listen to Dr Richard Corrigall, Valerie Hartland and young people sharing their stories of Art of Recovery.
- Discover the Journeys of Appreciation Programme (JOAP).
This event is programmed by SLaM Arts, a Tate Exchange Associate.
About SLaM ARTS
SLaM Arts is a collective of people with lived experience of mental health problems, addictions and dementia engaged in arts and cultural projects and their own arts practice, arts therapists and other mental health professionals who believe that getting involved in the arts and creativity can have a positive effect on mental health, recovery and wellbeing.
SLaM provides NHS care and treatment for people with mental health problems, also providing services for people who are addicted to drugs or alcohol. As well as serving the communities of South London, and provide specialist services for people from across the UK and beyond.