Jayne-Anne Gadhia is the CEO of Virgin Money. A Chartered Accountant, she spent six years at Norwich Union (now Aviva) before becoming one of the founders of Virgin Direct in 1995. In 1998 she set up the Virgin One account which was acquired by the Royal Bank of Scotland in 2001. After five years at RBS as part of the Retail executive Committee, she returned to Virgin as the CEO of Virgin Money. In 2012 Virgin Money acquired Northern Rock and, in 2014, successfully listed on the London Stock Exchange.
A vocal supporter of businesses responsibility to make a positive contribution to society Jayne-Anne is a trustee of Business in the Community.
In November 2016 Jayne-Anne was announced as the government’s Women in Finance Champion.
- Appointed by: Prime Minister
- Appointment: 14 November 2016
- Term expires: 13 November 2020
- Tate Britain Adivsory Council
- FOI Appeals Committee (Chair)
- Finance and Operations Comittee (Chair)
- Audit Committee (Chair)