ARTIST ROOMS has four learning aims, which are:
- To engage ‘new’ young audiences (13 to 25 years old) across the UK with the ARTIST ROOMS collection and artists, in a meaningful and enjoyable way.
- To establish and maintain effective collaborations between curators, educators and other gallery staff to maximise the potential of ARTIST ROOMS and realise its key objectives.
- To build and make available a body of learning material and resources with young people and about young people connecting with ARTIST ROOMS.
- To explore sustainable ways of developing and maintaining communities of young learners engaged in ARTIST ROOMS and contemporary art.
Resources are available as PDF downloads below. These resources are designed to aid teachers and educators using the ARTIST ROOMS collection with groups of young people engaged in related learning activities and projects. The resources focus on specific works and themes and suggests areas of discussion, activities and links to other works on the online ARTIST ROOMS collection pages.
- Download the Robert Mapplethorpe resource (PDF)
- Download the Robert Mapplethorpe Welsh language resource (PDF)