Visit the Kitchen and Bar Pop-Up, open daily until the end of the Yayoi Kusama exhibition
The Kitchen and Bar is open from Monday to Thursday for lunch and Friday to Sunday for lunch and afternoon tea. Alongside our usual refreshments we will be serving a menu that draws inspiration from the Yayoi Kusama exhibition.
Enjoy one of our specialist Tate roasted coffees, delicious sweet and savoury snacks, glass of wine or craft beer from the country’s finest independent craft breweries. Or immerse yourself in the total Kusama experience by booking a ticket dining bundle, lunch, or afternoon tea. All the while taking in spectacular view of the river Thames across to St Pauls which truly sparkles at this time of year.
Kusama set menu
- Fried Cornish red chicken wings, dashi salt
- Okonomiyaki, Jersey Royals, ginger, coriander pesto
- Day boat mackerel tataki, green chili relish
- Yakitori pork tenderloin, burnt spring onions, ponzu, cucumber
- Blackened sea trout, wasabi peas, grilled gem, dashi broth
- Teriyaki roasted aubergine, shimeji mushrooms, oshitashi
- Miso chocolate mousse
- Rhubarb sundae, kokuto caramel sauce
- Nashi pear and frangipane tart
Kusama inspired afternoon tea
Available Friday, Saturday and Sundays
Selection of specialist teas featuring our signature blend 'Shimmer' inspired by Kusama and Tate roasted coffee.
- Miso roasted beef, pickled mouli, wasabi, watercress
- Prawn, kewpie mayonnaise, chilli, lime
- Rhug estate organic egg and shiso cress
- Edamame humus, radish, wakame
Cakes and Sweets
- Matcha tea scones, clotted cream, cherry and sakura compote
- Yuzu and white chocolate tart
- Chocolate and passion fruit dome
- Mascarpone, sake and raspberry mousse
Members will get a complimentary glass of fizz or Shimmer CosmipoliTEAn Cocktail if they purchase a £35.00 pp afternoon tea.
Kusama inspired drinks
We’ve worked with our most creative partners to create drinks that explore the some of themes in Yayoi Kusama : Infinity Mirror Rooms. Enjoy them with our set menu, afternoon tea or enjoy them at the bar.
Tate Eats and Drop Project have created ‘Haze’ a delicious sessional NEIPA. It features an East Coast US yeast strain with addition of Yuzu, that is lifted by a generous amount of tropical fruit profiled new world hops, Simcoe, Azacca and Mosaic.
Loose Leaf Tea
Shimmer is a fruit tea that brews a pinky red, smells and tastes like cherry pie and is bursting with sparkling edible glitter. This fruity blend was developed in collaboration with award-winning Tea Mixology Company Bird & Blend Tea Co. Delicious anytime of day, especially when paired with our Kusama ispired afternoon-tea menu.
The tea-based cocktail Shimmer CosmipoliTEAn! Our Shimmer tea blend shaken with Tate Sacred gin and cranberry juice, served in a martini glass.