The Terrace Bar re-opens its doors for a special weekend, bringing you climate-conscious food, drink and cooking demonstrations
Join us for the first Tap Takeover since before the pandemic to coincide with Tate Modern Lates and the Power to Change weekend. Toast Ale takeover with their 24 partner breweries who make up the collaborative Companion Series - a forward-thinking climate change campaign.
A sustainable mezze menu is also available all weekend, alongside live demonstrations on zero-waste cooking from Tate chefs.
Our mezze menu focuses on sustainability and zero waste cooking, with locally sourced ingredients such as greens from Crate to Plate, pulses and grains from Hodmedod’s and meats from Forge Farm.
- Flatbreads made from Wild Farmed stone-milled flour and cooked in a wood-fired pizza oven that uses only sustainable ash and birch hardwood.
- Lancashire Black Badger pea salsa, mixed with an Oxfordshire organic scrumpy dressing and herbs grown locally in London’s Crate to Plate hydroponic farms.
- Tabouleh, using quinoa grown in the lowlands of Essex with London-grown herbs.
Join our chefs for cooking demonstrations that celebrate zero waste in the East Tanks.
- Carrot, parsnip and hazelnut hummus, made from the peelings, tops and tails of the veg, mixed with English dried peas and Kentish Cobnut Oil tahini.
- Harissa roasted broccoli and cauliflower, where the entirety of the veg (stalks, leaves and florets) is marinated in Upton Cheyney Chilli Farm harissa before oven-roasted.