- Tate Sensorium is a free 15-20 minute experience. Free tickets are available on a first-come first-served basis (released daily at 10.00 and 14.00) from the Information Desk at Tate Britain’s Millbank entrance on the day of your visit.
- The display is considerably darker than the rest of the museum.
- Transcripts of the audio components are available.
- Tate Sensorium is recommended for adults and children aged 8 and above. Tate asks that parents do not take small children into the display with them.
- Visitors aged under 16 must have consent from a parent or guardian to take part. Consent forms are available below or at the Information desk at the Milbank Entrance.
Consent form for under 16s [PDF, 101 Kb]
- Please note that visitors will be given a food product to consume containing soya. The product is made in an environment where nuts and seeds are used. If you have any special dietary requirements, speak to a visitor assistant.
- A visit to the display incorporates scent diffusion and fragrance applied to the skin. If you have any health conditions for which this would be a concern, speak to a visitor assistant.
- As part of the experience, visitors will be asked to wear a wristband device measuring electrodermal activity, a measure of your physiological response to the experience. Wearing a wristband is optional. Data collected from these devices is anonymised and used to give you feedback about your experience.
- By completing a questionnaire at the end, visitors give consent for The University of Sussex to use the answers in a scientific study and for Tate to use the data (biometric and questionnaire) for the purposes of audience development. Data from those aged under 18 will not be stored or shared.
Information for Tate Sensorium visitors
Visitor information for Tate Sensorium