- Original title
- Madchen drucht elastische Plastik ein
- Printed paper and oil paint on paper
- Support: 238 x 339 mm
- Tate / National Galleries of Scotland
- ARTIST ROOMS Acquired jointly with the National Galleries of Scotland through The d'Offay Donation with assistance from the National Heritage Memorial Fund and the Art Fund 2008
The 'elastic sculpture' could refer to a felt sculpture which takes on the curves of the female figure. However, the woman who pushes against the large mass seems to almost be absorbed into it and overwhelmed by it, as it edges her out of the picture. The collaged element of this work is a diary page, which has been covered with the same Braunkreuz oil paint used for the painting. The inclusion of the page brings an aspect of the everyday to the image.
- emotions, concepts and ideas(15,689)