- Sir Edward Coley Burne-Jones, Bt 1833–1898
- Charcoal and graphite on paper
- Support: 730 x 398 mm
- Bequeathed by J.R. Holliday 1927
These figures are four of the six British saints in a window in the Church of St Mary the Virgin, Speldhurst, Kent. The designs were executed in 1875 and the glass was in place the following year. At the church the figures are arranged in two columns: on the left, in descending order, are St Alban, St Aidan and St Boniface; on the right, St Helena, St Oswold and St Walburga. The remaining designs are currently untraced. The Morris Company often reused Burne-Jones's designs in other setting so that the cartoon of 'St Alban' was utilised a further eleven times after its use at Speldhurst.
Gallery label, July 1993