- Robert Mapplethorpe 1946–1989
- Photograph, gelatin silver print on paper
- Support: 340 x 342 mm
frame: 612 x 586 x 38 mm
- Tate / National Galleries of Scotland
- ARTIST ROOMS Acquired jointly with the National Galleries of Scotland through The d'Offay Donation with assistance from the National Heritage Memorial Fund and the Art Fund 2008
Mapplethorpe took a number of photographs of the children of friends and acquaintances. In them he emphasised their innocence and lack of self-consciousness. Here that is reinforced by placing Honey on a flower-studded lawn, her smooth skin contrasted against the texture of the grass.
- emotions, concepts and ideas(15,768)