The bridge with its chapel was built in about 1483, following the Will of the master of the grammar school. In Turner’s time the chapel had been converted into a gaol. In the late nineteenth century large Perpendicular-style windows were returned to the walls he has drawn here, filled in and pierced only by small lights. The subject was drawn with the page turned horizontally.
Blank; inscribed by A.J. Finberg in pencil ‘Inventory XXXV (Schedule 141) | 141.1’.