Turner’s trip to Tivoli in 1819 included a detour to the Villa Adriana (Hadrian’s Villa), approximately one mile south-west of the town. He made several swift studies of the key buildings of interest, see folio 32 verso (D14985). This page records elements of several different parts. As Cecilia Powell first identified, the sketches in the top right-hand and bottom left-hand corners represent the Large Baths (Grande Terme) and the Praetorium (a pavilion with a panoramic view overlooking the estate) seen from a location on the path leading towards the Canopus.1 Similar views can be seen on folios 32 verso–33 (D14985–D14986). The sketch in the bottom right-hand corner appears to indicate the end corner of Praetorium seen from a point to the north of the vast substructures. Meanwhile, the details in the top left-hand corner depict part of the surviving decorative ceiling vault from one of the rooms in the Large Baths.2 The same fragment appears in a drawing by John Downman (1750–1824), In Hadrian’s Villa, Tivoli 1774 (Tate, T10434).