View this artwork by appointment, at Tate Britain's Prints and Drawings Rooms
This is a continuation of the drawing on folio 24 verso opposite (D03324). This is one of a group of sketches made at Killin and featuring the bridge over the River Dochart with its two well–separated arches that John Ruskin confused with Tummel Bridge. The Bridge of Dochart was built in 1760 and reconstructed in 1831 after a flood had destroyed it. The new bridge replaced the humped arches of the original structure that Turner records with flatter ones that are in place today.