Join Reading Assembly and take part in a wide range of activities, including:
- Collaborative clay workshops with ArtLab
- Creating and curating a sensory museum with PurpleSTARS
- Imagining London in 2050 through utopian and dystopian visions of a future London
- Letterpress, design, green screen, and video workshops
- Debates, performances and interactive activities on the politics of representation and identity.
Reading Assembly is organised by the School of Arts and Communication Design at the University of Reading, in conjunction with a range of local and international partners. The name Reading Assembly is designed to evoke the act of putting things together and the gathering of different people as co-producers. It also plays on the relationship between reading and making, which in turn relates to creative practices informed by study of culture, artistic tradition and diverse heritage.
This event is programmed by University of Reading a Tate Exchange Associate.
About the School of Arts and Communication Design, University of Reading
The School of Arts and Communication Design at the University of Reading is comprised of three departments –Typography & Graphic Communication, Film, Theatre & Television and Reading School of Art – and researches, teaches and offers widening participation programmes in a wide range of related subjects.