Terms and Conditions are also known as 'The Tate Kids Rules'. Read this section with your parents or guardian, and talk to them if you are unsure about any part of it.
- We check everything you send to us before it goes online to make sure that it is suitable for everyone. We make sure that your work is not rude, harmful or scary for other users. We are really looking forward to seeing your artwork. Make sure you take time over your artwork and are really proud of it. We decide what stays and what goes.
- If you are over 13 years old or under 5 years old we will not publish your artwork. This is so the gallery is a safe space for kids.
- Please don't include yourself in photos of your artwork that you do at home.
- We believe who you say you are, so don’t pretend you are someone else and use a name that’s not yours – it might upset someone and it might get you into trouble.
- If you send us your work, it means that you and your parents/guardian are happy for us to use it anywhere, for any length of time. Imagine – your work could be on the Tate Kids homepage forever…
- When you send us your work, it should be work that you have created yourself, but if it isn’t you really should ask the person who owns it. If you didn’t make it yourself, you need to tell us who did.
Now here are the same rules written for adults.
The Board of Trustees of the Tate Gallery (“Tate”) reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to choose to include or not include submissions for use online. You agree to grant Tate the non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free right to reproduce, modify, edit and publish and distribute the images and stories you submit. Tate is not responsible for monitoring, verifying or disproving the identity of any contributor. Any opinions, statements and other third party content are those of the respective authors(s) or distributor(s) and not of Tate. Tate does not endorse any such opinion, statement or other material posted in any image.
Tate may at some point wish to further reproduce (reproduce or store, by any means or any media) some of the images or stories posted. In order to facilitate this, your parent or guardian must agree to grant Tate the non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual royalty-free right to reproduce, modify, edit, publish and distribute the image or story you submit. Tate reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to choose to include or not include such submission for any such use.
You must own all the rights to any material that you submit.
In no event may you submit any material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. You agree that if you do submit such material, you must state the source.
You may not post any material that defames any person, invades their privacy, infringes their trademark or other rights, or which is otherwise unlawful.
Please see our copyright notice for restrictions on reproducing content on our website.