William Marshall (21 July 1923 – 5 May 2007) was an English studio potter.
William Marshall was born in St Ives, Cornwall, and joined the Leach Pottery in the town as its first apprentice in 1938 when he was only 14. In 1942 he was conscripted and served in the Royal Artillery. He returned to St Ives in 1947 after a long convalescence following illness.
He became the foreman and right-hand man of Bernard Leach. As Leach got older Marshall did some of his throwing for him and Leach would add the decoration and finishing touches. He set up his own pottery at Lelant Cornwall in 1977 with his son Andrew. His own style was influenced by Shoji Hamada, as well as by the landscapes of his native West Cornwall.
He exhibited at Penwith Society of Arts, the Boymans Museum in Rotterdam and his work is also in the Victoria and Albert Museum.