View this artwork by appointment, at Tate Britain's Prints and Drawings Rooms
- Graphite on paper. Verso: graphite on paper
- Support: 190 x 310 mm
- Purchased as part of the Oppé Collection with assistance from the National Lottery through the Heritage Lottery Fund 1996
Technique and condition
A double-sided, graphite pencil drawing on a medium-weight, white laid paper. The work is in good condition with general surface dirt and discolouration. The support has been inlaid very tightly onto a one-ply board, which has then been attached onto a secondary mount.
On acquisition the drawing was removed from its secondary mount and inlay, cleaned to reduce surface dirt, then pressed and inlaid. It was mounted onto white museum board.
- leisure and pastimes(6,751)
- music and entertainment(2,047)
- clothing and personal effects(5,803)
- actions: expressive(2,602)
- social comment(6,430)