View this artwork by appointment, at Tate Britain's Prints and Drawings Rooms
- Graphite and watercolour on paper
- Support: 180 x 143 mm
- Purchased as part of the Oppé Collection with assistance from the National Lottery through the Heritage Lottery Fund 1996
Technique and condition
This watercolour of a winged figure on laid paper is in fair condition. It is adhered to a secondary support with adhesive.
On acquisition the work was removed from the secondary support and locally cleaned. Adhesive residues have been removed and the work pressed prior to being inlaid into 'Zerkall' toned wove paper 150gsm using Spider tissue tabs and methyl-cellulose. The work was pressed and mounted in a 'Dull white' museum board.
- animals: features(748)
- heating and lighting(828)
- religion and belief(7,299)
- universal religious imagery(870)