- Photograph, gelatin silver print on paper
- Support: 375 x 375 mm
frame: 643 x 620 x 38 mm
- Tate / National Galleries of Scotland
- ARTIST ROOMS Acquired jointly with the National Galleries of Scotland through The d'Offay Donation with assistance from the National Heritage Memorial Fund and the Art Fund 2008
Molissa Fenley is an American dancer and choreographer. In 1977 she formed the performing group, Molissa Fenley and Dancers, in New York. Mapplethorpe has positioned her at the very right edge of the frame, her body facing outwards as though she is turning to leave. She appears to have been caught mid-laugh, with a glint in her eyes.
- work and occupations(11,717)
- emotions, concepts and ideas(15,689)