Not on display
This was a right-hand page from the sketchbook. Cleeve Lock dated from 1787 and was a quiet spot, overlooked by the sixteenth-century mill which Turner has drawn carefully and in some detail, from just below the lock. Hill illustrates a photograph of his own to demonstrate how little the view is changed today.1
Hill 1993, p.108, reproduced in colour, pl.159.
Blank. Inscribed in pencil ‘21’.