View this artwork by appointment, at Tate Britain's Prints and Drawings Rooms
Finberg first listed this sheet as showing ‘Hereford Cathedral’, but by 1918 had identified it as Northleach, probably at the suggestion of C.F. Bell. The south porch is one of the most impressive features of the altogether impressive fifteenth-century church at Northleach, one of the grandest of the Cotswold wool-churches.
The drawing is inverted relative to the sketchbook’s foliation.