The Tate Boat runs seven days a week (except for 24–26 December inclusive).
- Download the Tate Boat timetable [PDF, 1220 Kb]
Buy tickets online, from Tate Modern and Tate Britain, or by phone: call +44 (0)20 7887 8888 between 09.45–18.00 (daily)
- Tickets can also be bought before you board a boat from a self-serve kiosk on the pier, or by using your Oyster card on a reader.
- Tickets and information are also available via the MBNA Thames Clippers app, or via www.thamesclippers.com
- The Tate to Tate boat is also called the RB2 service, and is in the central zone for ticket prices
Prices from 22 Sept 2015
- Adult – £7.50 single, £15.00 return
- Tate Member – £5.60, £11.20 return
- Family Roamer – £36 (River Roamer) (A family ticket is for two adults and two fare-paying children)
- Child under 16 – £3.75 single, £7.50 return
- Child under 16 with Travelcard – £2.50 single, £5.00 return
- Freedom Pass holder – £3.15 single, £6.30 return
- Travelcard holder £5.00 single, £10.00 return
- Children under 5 travel for free
- Group rates for 10 or more people are available in advance - please tel + 44 (0)20 7887 8888 for details. Please note large groups cannot always be accomodated on the same boat, and the group may be asked to to split up and travel on different timed boats. Please also note that tidal restrictions mean that different size vessels have to be used for the service at times, and the boat capacity can change at short notice.
The Tate Boat can accommodate wheelchair users. It can also accommodate mobility scooter users but the mobility scooter must be approved by MBNA Thames Clippers prior to travel. More information can be found via this page.
Guide and hearing dogs are welcome.
Exceptionally high tides prevent the Tate Boat from navigating certain Thames bridges. A replacement vessel may be used at these times. Some replacement vessels are not able to accommodate wheelchair users, so we strongly recommend that customers call + 44 (0)20 7887 8888 on the day of travel for full details.
Tate to Tate tours
Enjoy a tour of Tate Britain in the morning, a relaxing trip on the Tate Boat and a tour of Tate Modern in the afternoon. Tate to Tate tours
About the Tate Boat
The Tate Boat is operated by MBNA Thames Clippers. A replacement vessel will be used if tidal restrictions apply.