The Tate Boat runs seven days a week (except for 24–26 December inclusive).
- Download the Tate Boat timetable [PDF, 156 KB]
Buy tickets online, from Tate Modern and Tate Britain, or by phone: call +44 (0)20 7887 8888 between 9.45-18.00 (daily)
- Tickets can also be bought on the boat, subject to availability
- Advance tickets are valid for use all day
- Adults – £6.50 single, £12 return
- Tate Members – £4.90
- Family Roamer – £32.50 (River Roamer) (A family ticket is for two adults and two fare-paying children)
- Child under 16 or Freedom Pass – £3.25
- Child under 16 with Travelcard – £2.15
- Travelcard holder or London Student Card Single £4.30
- Oyster PAYG (only available on boat) – £5.85
- Children under 5 travel for free
- Group rates for 10 or more people are available in advance - please tel + 44 (0)20 7887 8888 for details. Please note large groups cannot always be accomodated on the same boat, and the group may be asked to to split up and travel on different timed boats.
The Tate Boat can accommodate wheelchair users. It cannot accommodate mobility scooters. Guide and hearing dogs are welcome.
Exceptionally high tides prevent the Tate Boat from navigating certain Thames bridges. A replacement vessel may be used at these times. Some replacement vessels are not able to accommodate wheelchair users, so we strongly recommend that customers call + 44 (0)20 7887 8888 on the day of travel for full details.
Tate to Tate tours
Enjoy a tour of Tate Britain in the morning, a relaxing trip on the Tate Boat and a tour of Tate Modern in the afternoon. Tate to Tate tours
About the Tate Boat
The Tate Boat is operated by Thames Clippers. A replacement vessel will be used if tidal restrictions apply.