This event explores a range of ways Early Years practitioners can lead their groups through the gallery, encouraging dialogue, and engagement with the artworks on display.
The sessions have been developed from Early Years education philosophies and they encourage discussion that supports the child’s personal and individual creative learning journey.
The session includes:
- Meeting a member of the Early Years and Families team
- Guidance to facilitate in gallery dialogue with children in the early year’s age range
- Tips for transferring skills used with early years aged children into the gallery context
- Visiting artworks to explore approaches that can be used with your group to encourage exploration of art works on display
- Information for planning your visit
Our aim is to provide you with the ideas, information and support to confidently lead your group on your visit to Tate.
Dates and locations
17 November 2017, Tate Modern
This particular session will be held in Tate Exchange and we will look at the But We are Still Here installation in the space, focussing on how culture is produced and how it can feel to be visible/invisible for the very young children you work with. After the session you are invited to stay for an Artist Talk in the space, where Heather Agyepong will be in conversation with Peju Oshin for an informal tour of and talk about But we are Still Here